SpenceSafe - Protective Measures to Enhance Guest Safety
Warm greetings from Aitken Spence Hotels!
With every challenge comes a clean slate for growth and evolvement. Whether it is a personal challenge, a community encounter or a global concern, it is in our DNA to change, adapt and steer the course towards continuity.
As we continue to confront the challenges posed by the surprising intruder that has unsettled the world – COVID-19 – we are inspired by the many ways people have come together to adjust their lifestyles, support and encourage each other and innovate; all contributing towards flattening the curve and keeping afloat our economies.
This optimism is carried through at all our hotels and resorts, as we prepare to welcome you back, with open arms and heartfelt smiles. They say the strength of a person is best judged by the manner in which they face adversities; and our teams at all our resorts in Sri Lanka, Maldives, India and Oman are empowered to roll out a safe and memorable holiday for you and your guests.
The well-being of our guests and associates is of paramount importance. Collectively, the Company has taken stringent measures to enact elevated precautionary operational protocols that address heightened safety and health, to give our guests peace of mind regarding future stays. These protocols are based on international and local health and safety guidelines and have been enhanced by our in-house experts to provide you, a safe environment. Rest assured, we will actively monitor and evolve our solutions as necessary.
This document is a summary of our initiatives to inspire you, our valued and discerning partners, to book your future stays with us, and help us make your travel dreams come true.
- During these challenging times, we are offering extra flexibility and support for all new reservations with flexi-cancellation policy, up to 24-hours prior to arrival for 2020. For resorts that require seaplane transfers, cancellation policy is applicable up to 72-hours only
- Our online portal is fully active for bookings with updated rates and offerings, and details on our cancellation policies
- We encourage all guests to install the contact tracing app ‘Trace Ekee’ from your app store prior to entering Maldives, as requested by the Maldives Ministry of Tourism.
- All our guests will be met by our representative at our airport counter
- All guests will be subjected to temperature check prior to boarding the chosen method of transport (speedboat / seaplane )
- If a guest shows temperature above 37.6 0C, he/she will be directed to local healthcare experts and upon confirmation of safety, will be taken transported to the designated resort. In the case of a guest receiving positive PCR results, he/she will be transferred to a Government isolation/quarantine unit.
- All transfer vessels will be disinfected following local healthcare guidelines. Your transport provider will be equipped with mask and gloves and will undergo regular temperature monitoring
- Please note that masks and sanitizing is compulsory before boarding the transfer vessel
- Your luggage will be handled by trained staff with gloves and will be disinfected with spray prior to sending same to your accommodation
- All guests are required to submit the duly filled Health Declaration Form at check-in to assure safety of all guests and associates
- Copy of Passport /Passports – information Page
- Copy of passport page which contain the last Immigration stamp from the departure of origin
- Country / City and State of departure
- Travel history for last 21 days – International (which countries)
- If quarantined in any other country for last 30 days,
- Certificate of completion of quarantine period
- Reason for being quarantined (Close contact with COVID-19 patient or due to travel from High risk country/place, etc)
- As per safety guidelines, our welcome will be a traditional welcome with hands clasped. No handshakes will take place at the hotels/resorts
- For couple, family or group check-ins, we request the presence of only one guest from the party to approach the Front Desk for verification. Areas will be demarcated for queuing
- We encourage our guests to use their own pen for signatures, where necessary. However, sanitized stationary will be provided by the hotel/resort as well
- We discourage the use of cash at checkout. A sanitized tray will be provided to place the credit card. Bills will be provided with sanitized pens for signature
- We discourage the use of paper bills. The bills will be emailed upon guest confirmation.
- Please note that mandatory daily temperature checks will be conducted for all guests and associates throughout their stay, at each outlet
- Your choice of accommodation has been deep cleaned and sanitized following health and safety protocols
- Cleaning service will be provided every three-days, unless requested otherwise, by trained associates using hospital-grade disinfectants wearing the necessary gloves, masks and protective gear
- All surfaces – hard and soft – will be cleaned with precision to detail, using hospital-grade disinfectant
- Extra care will be exercised in the care for linen and towels following international guidelines
- Our laundry service will be made available during the given hours and delivered with care without contact
- In-room dining order will be specially packaged and delivered to your room without contact. Appreciate if the guest receives same at door as our associates will not enter your room/villa. Once done, please leave your trays outside for pick up. Limited in-room dining menu available
- Amenities will be sanitized prior check-in and will be replenished only when required
- Please pre-confirm your presence at the restaurant to make necessary table arrangements for the nos of pax
- Groups and couples will be seated in clusters as per the pre-confirmed numbers
- For restaurants providing buffet meals, floor markings will be arranged to facilitate compliance with physical distancing
- The restaurants and bars will also adhere to a regulated number of guests for safe distancing. We will operate on several sittings depending on demand and occupancy
- Seating areas have been rearranged maintaining sufficient distance as per applicable health guidelines
- Sanitizers are made available at entry/exit for all guests
- All restaurants and bars will undergo deep cleaning daily for your safety. All cutlery and crockery will be sanitized following international guidelines. Doorknobs and rough surfaces will be sanitized regularly
- We follow an enhanced sanitation guideline aligned with Company’s food safety policy at all restaurants and bars
- The number of guests to the pools, gyms, spas will be limited at any given time, in conforming with physical distancing. We request guests to make prior reservations to avoid disappointment
- Gym will be operated with limited number of equipment, adhering to physical distance guidelines
- We encourage all guests to use disinfectants after use of each equipment in our gyms
- The surfaces, equipment, floor will be cleaned using disinfectant after each treatment at the spa
- At the spas, there will be rotation in the use of treatment rooms
- All product testers in the spas (where applicable) will be discontinued to avoid cross contamination
- Wet areas such as steam room, sauna, jacuzzi will be monitored to avoid overcrowding and for appropriate maintenance of physical distancing
- All guest lockers / changing rooms and vanity area will be regularly checked, with all surfaces and floors cleaned and disinfected. Physical distancing will be respected in allocating lockers to guests
- The resorts have identified key public spaces and high touch areas/surfaces within the property. These areas will be cleaned frequently using hospital-grade disinfectants and follow a rigorous cleaning protocol
- All sunbeds, umbrellas, side tables and shower areas will be sanitized after use
- Pool towels will be adequately sanitized and will be distributed by our associates
- Pool pumps and water treatment processes have been re-looked at to provide heightened sanitation
- Our excursion huts will strict guidelines on sanitizing each surface and equipment after each use. Limited list of excursions will be offered considering guest safety
- In resorts offering buggy services, it will be wiped with disinfectant after each use
- All team members will follow enhanced sanitation guidelines when conducting cleaning of all areas of the premises
- Our cleaning team will wear disposable masks, gloves and gowns when cleaning rooms or public areas, and will dispose of same in a pre-determined manner
- As with our guests, our team will also undergo daily temperature checks
- Reinforcement of personal hygiene measures through training
- Promoting frequent and effective hand-washing and sanitation amongst all staff members
- All our staff members are trained in the use of Personal Protective Equipment (PPE)
- Physical distancing in the work environment / stations will be maintained and monitored
- Staff members are required to fill a health declaration form and keep the management informed of any illness or symptoms and not report for duty
- All resort teams have been trained on emergency protocol in case of guests or associate showing symptoms of COVID-19
- An emergency protocol has been identified per each resort with team member mapping, in case of emergency to ensure continuation of the services
- Each resort has a Special Task Force led by the General Manager who will take lead if such a situation occurs. Crisis Communication Team at Head Office will be informed, along with Tour Operator / Agent
- National authority guidelines will be adhered to, when dealing with a guest / associate showcasing signs synonymous with COVID-19
- All our resorts are host to an in-house doctor certified by relevant licensing bodies to assist in an emergency
- The guest / associates showing signs will be immediately isolated and treated following local health guidelines given by the HPA and Ministry of Tourism
- Isolation rooms shall be maintained and serviced as per standards set forth by HPA
- Other guests and associates who have had close contact with said guest / associate will be monitored as per local and international health guidelines and will be self-quarantined
Our focus as a hospitality company with deep roots in the tourism sector has now been reformed to not only provide our guests with a holiday experience unlike any other, but also to include heightened focus on health and safety.
We will continue to place high importance on facilitating measures to ensure optimal health and sanitary conditions. The outlined initiatives in this document will be actively monitored and evolve as and when necessary, in lieu of our continued focus on health and safety.
In these globally uncertain times, we cohesively believe that it is our collective unity and fight against the pandemic that would support the international movement of mitigating the spread of COVID-19.
We applaud global health care professionals for their service, and we look forward to a brighter and more sustainable future, for all of us and our future generation.
We look forward to welcoming you back to our resorts, soon, with our traditional hallmark hospitality and personalised service to celebrate authenticity in travel.
See you soon!
Download Safety Measure Fact Sheets